Generation No. 1
1. DIDIER1 REMY was born Abt. 1490 in France, and died 1556. He married UNKNOWN Abt. 1510. She was born Abt. 1492.
Notes for DIDIER REMY:
Didier Remy's name may have been Didier Rheims. He was enobled September 13, 1554.
Children of DIDIER REMY and UNKNOWN are:
2. i. GEORGE2 REMY, b. Abt. 1511, Ivoy, Lorraine, France.
ii. FRANCIS REMY, b. Abt. 1513.
Generation No. 2
2. GEORGE2 REMY (DIDIER1) was born Abt. 1511 in Ivoy, Lorraine, France. He married BEATRIX DE ROSIERES Abt. 1531. She was born Abt. 1511 in Ivoy, Lorraine, France.
Notes for GEORGE REMY:
George Remy was Enobled in 1560. Records of the Department of Ardennes show George's property rights in the Marquisat of Buscany, October 23, 1566. Buscany and Ivoy are in the Department of Ardennes in Old Lorraine.
Per notes from World Family Tree-Vol. 1, Pedigree #1259, George married a descendent of Her Highness, the Marchioness de Buscany.
Notes for BEATRIX DE ROSIERES:
Per World Family Tree-Vol. 1, Pedigree #1259, Beatrix de Rosieres was a descendent of Her Highness, the Marchioness de Buscany.
Children of GEORGE REMY and BEATRIX DE ROSIERES are:
3. i. PIERRE RENE DE3 SAINT REMY, b. Abt. 1532.
ii. NICHOLAS REMY, b. 1534, Lorraine, France; d. France; m. N. POULETIER; b. Abt. 1534.
Notes for NICHOLAS REMY:
Enobled in 1584 with the title "Seigneur de Rosieres en Blois". Nicholas was Councilor and Secretary to His Royal Highness, Duc Charles III de Lorraine. He was States Attorney under Duc Henri II and became very unpopular because of his merciless severity against unfortunates accused of sorcery of witchcraft, 1576-1591. He was nicknamed "Iourquemade of Lorraine". Some said he was losing his mind, being filled with horrible dreams and fear of punishment himself if he did not destroy the "bewitched". He wrote the Histoire of Lorraine from Nicholas to Rene II (1474-1508) published at Pont au Mausson in 1617, and at Operia in 1626.
iii. JEAN REMY, b. 1535, France; d. France; m. NICOLE L'AVOCAT, 1548; b. Abt. 1535.
Notes for JEAN REMY:
Jean Remy was Merchant of Chalon Sur Marne and Canon of Cambria in 1548.
4. iv. JACQUES REMY, SR., b. 1545, Ivoy, Lorraine, France; d. 1586, Ivoy, Lorraine, France.
Generation No. 3
3. PIERRE RENE DE3 SAINT REMY (GEORGE2 REMY, DIDIER1) was born Abt. 1532. He married DUCHESS OF GUISE DUCHESS OF GUISE. She was born Abt. 1532.
Notes for PIERRE RENE DE SAINT REMY:
Pierre Rene de Saint Remy was Priest of the Chapel of Charmes, living in 1588. He had a son from an affair with the Duchess of Guise, named Thierry (Theron).
Child of PIERRE SAINT REMY and DUCHESS GUISE is:
i. THIERRY (THERON)4 SAINT REMY, b. Abt. 1555.
4. JACQUES3 REMY, SR. (GEORGE2, DIDIER1) was born 1545 in Ivoy, Lorraine, France, and died 1586 in Ivoy, Lorraine, France. He married MAGDALENE UNKNOWN Abt. 1565. She was born Abt. 1547.
Children of JACQUES REMY and MAGDALENE UNKNOWN are:
i. JOHANNES4 REMY, b. Abt. 1566, France; d. France.
ii. MATTHIAS REMY, b. Abt. 1567, France; d. France.
Notes for MATTHIAS REMY:
Matthias Remy was killed in the Hugenot persecutions.
iii. JACQUES REMY, JR., b. Abt. 1568, Ivoy, Lorraine, France; d. France.
5. iv. PIERRE REMY, b. 1610, Ivoy, Lorraine, France; d. 1680, France.
_Generation 4, 5 & 6
_Retour index généalogie